Today’s Friday Five topic (Friday Favorites) is really broad, but I’m taking it pretty narrow and sharing five things I’m loving right now–this week even.
1. The Weather. It may be cliché, but I just can’t resist raving about our weather. This forecast is unheard of for mid-July in Washington D.C. It makes me want to run every day, and spend as much time outside as possible. (I’m even writing this out on our patio!)
2. Having my son around. My son has been home all summer, but some weeks his social life is busier than others. This week he’s been home for at least part of most evenings, and I am doing my best to soak up every moment I can without annoying him too much.
3. Looking forward to seeing my daughter. This may be stretching my “right now” theme, but my daughter is coming to visit next week and I am getting so excited to see her! I’m hoping to take some time off from work, although I’m sure I could work in the morning and she’d never know–between her college student schedule and jet lag she usually sleeps in.
4. Chobani Oats. I hadn’t heard of these before I saw them in the grocery store. It looks like Chobani has caught on to the overnight oats craze and now has a yogurt with steel cut oats blended in. I wasn’t sure about the banana maple flavor, so I only picked up two, but I wish I had stocked up. The banana flavor is pretty mild, the sweetness of the maple syrup is a nice change from the fruit-on-the-bottom flavors, and I love the texture of the steel cut oats.
5. Gazpacho. My Mom has been overwhelmed by the bounty of her garden, and gave me more tomatoes, cucumbers and green peppers than I knew what to do with–until I found a great gazpacho recipe. I’ll save the details for my recipe post next week, but it’s delicious. This week the Washington Post had a recipe for Watermelon-Tomato Gazpacho that I might try this weekend, if I can find some good basil.
Check out other Friday Favorites in the Friday Five link up sponsored by Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up for What!
Have you seen the Chobani Oats?
Do you like gazpacho?