Spectacular Sunrise At Dyke Marsh

You know I love sunrises. It’s the one thing I suffer from FOMO over. Recently we’ve had some gorgeous sunrises, but since I usually run at o’dark-thirty, I haven’t been able to get any pictures. One morning a few weeks ago the view of the sunrise on my way to work was so fantastic, I almost kept driving in the wrong direction just to keep soaking it in. Finally last week my timing was right to capture some spectacular sunrise pictures on my run. I’m going to share them in order, so you can enjoy the sunrise with me.

Spectacular Sunrise - Belle Haven Marina

My photo shoot started at Belle Haven Marina.
I don’t usually run down here–
it’s just a gravel parking lot leading to the boat slips–
but I was enticed by better views of the sunrise.

Spectacular Sunrise - Haul Road Trail

As I headed back to my usually running route,
I noticed a path and signs for Dyke Marsh.
I had stumbled upon Haul Road Trail,
which turned out to be a lovely dirt/gravel path
leading out to another spectacular view.

Spectacular Sunrise - Dyke MarshI joined a photographer set up to catch the whole sunrise from this spot.

Spectacular Sunrise - Dyke Marsh

Haul Road Trail ends with this view Dyke Marsh.

Spectacular Sunrise - Mount Vernon Trail

This is the last picture I took, about two miles into my run,
looking back to other side of Dyke Marsh.

I hope you enjoyed my favorite five pictures of this spectacular sunrise. See what other favorites people are sharing on this week’s Friday Five link up hosted at Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up for What?!

This entry was posted in Fitness. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Spectacular Sunrise At Dyke Marsh

1. I’m a sucker for a great sunrise! It always makes my day. Thanks for sharing yours!
    Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted…High Five FridayMy Profile

2. I’m usually watching the sunrise as I’m sitting on the couch, reading blogs or eating breakfast.

But yeah, I definitely miss out on really seeing sunrises sometimes! That was beautiful; thanks for sharing.
    Judy @ Chocolaterunsjudy recently posted…What I’m Loving Lately: Friday FiveMy Profile

3. you do always stop to appreciate the surroundings you are in! I should come along but that would mean I would have to get up before the sun rises 🙂
    Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…Part 2- Ageless Fitness: Women’s views on fitness as they ageMy Profile

4. Beautiful pics! I could never get up that early to get my run in before the sunrise.
    lacey@fairytalesandfitness.com recently posted…5 Things that Warm My HeartMy Profile

5. what beautiful pictures! you have talent! i’m never up early enough to see the sunrise, but i imagine it would be beautiful coming up over lake michigan. maybe one day i’ll force myself out there extra early.
    brittney @ corral b recently posted…friday five: favorite online running toolsMy Profile

6. Yum Yucky says:

So beautiful and serene!
    Yum Yucky recently posted…Silk Cashew Milk Taste Test | Is It Yum or Yucky?My Profile

7. Kristen says:

So pretty! I love the sunrise, but here in Alaska the timing is always a bit off for most of the year so I barely ever get to see it on a run! In the winter the sun rises at like 10:30 am, and in the summer it rises at 3:30 am. This is the weirdest place on earth! Right now the sun is rising around 9:00 am so glad I get to see it on my drive to work, but when I’m able to catch it earlier I may need to go out for some sunrise runs!
    Kristen recently posted…Friday Five: Favorite Activities for Injured RunnersMy Profile

8. Samantha says:

What a gorgeous view!!
    Samantha recently posted…UTHF 365 Program: How You Can Make a DifferenceMy Profile

9. Alana says:

Not a runner, but a walker and taker of mass transit. At this time of year I get to see the sunrise on my way to work, which, fortunately is a commute to the east. I love the sunrise, and I am going to link to this post Sunday, on my weekly blogging roundup, so my readers can enjoy this post, too.
    Alana recently posted…Ready for a Challenge?My Profile

10. so very pretty… I don’t ever get up early enough (at least not to run) to catch it but one of these days I’ll make an effort.
    Mar @ Mar on the Run recently posted…Friday Five: Favorite Links this WeekMy Profile

I love to see the sunrise while on my morning run. I don’t normally take my phone, however. You captured some spectacular views!
    HoHo Runs recently posted…Friday Five: Winter RunMy Profile

12. Steena says:

Nice! I’m a big fan of sun rises & sunsets too. Long before I was a runner, my main hobby was photography and my favorite shots were always sunsets.
    Steena recently posted…Fat Tire Bikes!My Profile

13. Chaitali says:

Wow, these really are stunning!
    Chaitali recently posted…Friday Five – online favorites this weekMy Profile

14. I have definitely been suffering for some serious FOMO over sunrise runs these days!! I haven’t been out for a run in sooooo long!!
    Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes recently posted…5 Tips for getting a Good night’s sleep #NOWWellnessMy Profile