Taking Starbucks On The Road

It’s no secret that I love coffee, or that my go-to coffee is a Starbucks bold, preferably Komodo Dragon–the flavor that turned me into a Starbucks junkie.

Komodo Dragon

(Source: Starbucks.com)

So, how did I survive a vacation with no Starbucks in sight?

Grand Canyon
You can see across the Grand Canyon for miles, but no Starbucks!

Starbucks K-Cups

As I was getting ready for our trip, I came across some reviews on Yelp saying that the hotel rooms have Keurig coffee makers. That was all the encouragement I needed to fit a dozen Starbucks K-cups in my bag.

Starbucks K-cups

The hotel room coffee service included those little cups of half-and-half, so I could make the perfect cup of coffee to take outside and enjoy the sunrise.

Grand Canyon Sunrise

Starbucks Via

I always travel with Starbucks Via, and have found that adding about 1/2 packet to airline coffee makes it tolerable.

Airplane Coffee + Via

I tried it on the hotel restaurant coffee, but the K-cup brew was much better.

Starbucks Via

Of course, as soon as we go to Flagstaff, I looked up the closest Starbucks on my Starbucks App. Flagstaff doesn’t have as many Starbucks as Denver, but there was one a few minutes from our hotel.

Starbucks

I could have downed both, but I gave one to my husband. 😉

It’s always good to get home after a trip, but one thing I look forward to most is a big pot of my home-brewed coffee–made with Starbucks beans of course!

Coffee Date Mug

If you’re in the market for a new coffee maker, I am still liking the Bonavita coffee maker I got in January–you can read my review here.

And so you don’t think I only like Starbucks coffee, check out this post about the coffee I enjoyed in Europe.

Are you picky about your coffee?

This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Taking Starbucks On The Road

Id marry my secret stash of VIA TUBES if I could.
    (might I bring THEM to marriage counseling then?! :-))
    Carla recently posted…Starting my second life.My Profile

I love how industrious and creative you are about getting the coffee you love to be with you when you travel! I am a Starbucks junkie as well but if I had to picke an all-time favorite coffee, it’s from A Southern Season in Chapel Hill North Carolina. My stash of that is totally depleted right now.
    Marcia recently posted…Things I Love About Coffee/GiveawayMy Profile

3. Chaitali says:

We’ve definitely traveled with the via packets when needed! The best is when there’s a starbucks in the hotel lobby 🙂
    Chaitali recently posted…Wine and Dine Half Marathon training – week 7My Profile

4. You are too funny! See you next week for coffee
    Deborah Brooks @ Confessions of a Mother Runner recently posted…Grilled Peach Summer SlawMy Profile

5. Tina G says:

Will travel – must have coffee is your mantra! An smart of you to be prepared to take it with….it sucks when the hotel has no supply!!
    Gorgeous pics!!! I took via with me for some Ragnar races – in the midddle of nowhere it could be coffeetime!
    Tina G recently posted…Cawfee Tawk: How do you take it?My Profile

6. Kristin says:

I love the caramel Starbucks Kcups!!! So yummy!
    Kristin recently posted…My Not So Secret Coffee Mug ObsessionMy Profile

7. VIA in airline coffee is such a great tip! Why didn’t you post this about a month ago? Haha! Great tip. Thank you!
    Smitha @ Running with SD Mom recently posted…Being #GlutenFree and the #7DayStretch #LiveInprAna Challenge!My Profile

8. I love coffee in the morning but I am not as picky- if I am out my first choice is Dunkin Donuts- don’t shoot me!!! 🙂
    Mary Beth Jackson recently posted…Week 15 is a wrap! Not what I expected….My Profile

9. Bain says:

I’ve actually never tried the VIA…instant coffee reminds me of Sanka, which scares me! Unfortunately I drink a ton of crummy hotel coffee during work. (I’m a Southwest Airlines woman, so at least my flights have good coffee.) I’m going to try your trick of adding VIA. Do you recommend a certain flavor/blend?

I’ve also never tried the Komodo Dragon. I’m adding it to my list.

10. Briana says:

Always good to have plans for travel if you have things you regularly enjoy. Nice post!
    Briana recently posted…Coffee Shop Blog Hop: Caffeine and the AthleteMy Profile

11. Liz says:

That is some serious Starbucks love!
    Liz recently posted…Healthy Dessert AlternativesMy Profile

12. OMG, you are hilarious. You really ARE an addict. I don’t even like coffee!
    Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes recently posted…MCM Training Recap–Weeks 6 & 7My Profile

13. Kay Lynn says:

I’m with you regarding the need for good coffee while traveling. I take the Via packs on cruise ships because the coffee onboard is so bad!

I was worried about the fact that Italy didn’t have any Starbucks for our trip there this past May but found Italian coffee very good!
    Kay Lynn recently posted…Coffee and Your HealthMy Profile