30 Minute Treadmill Workouts

Cold weather and icy roads have kept me on the treadmill lately, but it’s been a good opportunity to do some speed workouts on the treadmill. Here are two 30 minute treadmill workouts that I’ve been doing as I start to get ready for my spring races.

Treadmill Select A Workout

This workout is based on a tempo workout, but gradually increases the pace up to 7.1 mph (8:27 min/mile).

30 Minute Treadmill Workouts via Got2Run4Me

This workout is a ladder-style interval workout that starts at 6.3 mph and works up to 7.5 mph (8:00 min/mile).

Speed Ladder Stars

I usually do 2 minute/1 minute intervals, and adjust my recovery pace as the speed intervals get harder. ย With a 4 minute warm-up and 4 minute cool-down, this ladder takes 30 minutes.

For more treadmill workout ideas, check out the posts under the Treadmill Workouts tab above and my Treadmill Routines Pinterest Board.

Has the weather impacted your workouts?

Do you have a favorite type of speed workout?ย

This entry was posted in Fitness, Treadmill Workouts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to 30 Minute Treadmill Workouts

1. I avoid the treadmill if I can. I’ll run on the ice and snow, but will stick to the ‘mill if the temp drops below -5. I usually pop in a movie and run at a comfortable pace for an hour. I prefer to do speed and hills outside.
    Jamie @ Rise.Run.Mom.Repeat. recently posted…The Crazy is ContagiousMy Profile

you know me ๐Ÿ™‚
    MY FAAAVE SPEED WORKOUT IS A slooow one ๐Ÿ™‚
    Carla recently posted…Four ways slacklining parallels my life.My Profile

3. Jennifer F says:

These are great — I really like doing speed ladders on the treadmill. I know, I’m weird.
    Jennifer F recently posted…Granola Recipe Roundup . . . Starring Avocado Pineapple!My Profile

4. Linz says:

great workouts! if i’m on the treadmill, i have to do intervals!
    Linz recently posted…25 Weeks Pregnant โ€“ A DreamMy Profile

5. When I did used to run on the treadmill, I would always adjust the speed. Too boring to stay in the same place.
    Carrie@familyfitnessfood.com recently posted…HillsMy Profile

6. Consuelo says:

Love the treadmill for interval training! So much easier, and I’ve seen results in my speed.

7. Luckily the weather hasn’t really impacted my workouts, except I did have to invest in long running pants this season because I’ve started running before the sun rises sometimes.

8. Marie says:

I haven’t done speed work on the treadmill. I usually do a 0.5 mile warm-up and stick to the same pace but sometimes if I’m feeling good I’ll crank it up for the last lap or two. It does seem like a smart way to do speed work since you can control your pace.
    Marie recently posted…Ana and Charlotte on exerciseMy Profile

9. Kim says:

Even now while I’m slowing my pace to increase the miles I play with my speed the entire time I’m on the treadmill – I think it’s why I like the treadmill so much!
    Kim recently posted…Do Clothes “Make” Us?My Profile

10. aleshea says:

Ohh, I’m all for quick and effective workouts.
    aleshea recently posted…BAM! Holiday Mint Candy PlatterMy Profile

11. Diatta says:

This weather is crazy and I did run once outside in the cold but not sure if I am going to have the fortitude to do it this weekend. BRRRRR! I need to use my treadmill more so I am gonna have to try this tempo workout. Thanks for sharing.
    Diatta recently posted…My Half Marathon Training Run 2My Profile

12. I’ve been inside on the treadmill a lot lately because I don’t like to run in the dark. I find that if I adjust the speed throughout the workout it really helps a lot. I also love to do intervals on the treadmill because I can control the pace. I know, it’s cheating a little!
    Angie @ A Mother’s Pace recently posted…5 Items I Wish We’d Bought With Our First BabyMy Profile

13. Elisebet F says:

I just took a snapshot of both of those with my phone, thank you! I much prefer to run outside, but the weather will probably have me running on the treadmill tomorrow, and I can use your workout plan. The path I usually run on is still icy, and I also run with my son in a stroller. I’m hoping I’ll be back outside next week.
    Elisebet F recently posted…Fitness Friday: 1/24/13My Profile

14. I’ve been on the treadmill way too often this winter! It’s the ice. Snow I can do. Ice? Not so much. Oh and the neg temps might have something to do with it too ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the workouts. Pinning for later!
    Jill @ Fitness, Health and Happiness recently posted…What Does “Be True To You” Mean To You?My Profile

15. It’s been a crazy cold winter where I live and I have been SO thankful for a treadmill! I’m okay with -20F to -10F below, but it’s just not worth it for me when it gets colder…

Thank you for sharing these workout ideas – though the treadmill is awesome, it does get a little monotonous. I actually prefer doing hill workouts on the treadmill because, along with being pretty cold, it’s also as flat as a pancake around here… ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy running!
    Amy @ {Life to the Full} recently posted…Oatmeal + Winter FitnessMy Profile

16. colette says:

I’m going to check out your pinterest board now. I hate the treadmill, but I hate the cold even more so I have to suck it up for 3 or 4 months of the year. Hopefully your workouts can spice it up a bit for me. Thanks for sharing! #sitsblogging
    colette recently posted…About MeMy Profile

17. Chrissie says:

Thank you so much for posting these! I just signed up for a 10 miler at the end of April and we’ve been getting pounded with chilly temps and snow, and I often find the treadmill so tedious!
    Chrissie recently posted…kennedy’s premium bar and grill–all you can eat crabMy Profile

18. Pingback: Joining The May Pin It Party - Got2Run4Me

19. Williamcanu says:

Great workouts! I can use your workout plan. I need to use my treadmill more. I really like doing speed ladders on the treadmill. Thank you for sharing these workout ideas.
    Williamcanu recently posted…Best Running Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis โ€“ Newest list and buying guideMy Profile

20. I have been avoiding the treadmill for interval training, Coco. But now I see that I shouldn’t avoid it anymore.