Everyone in my house loves chili, but I get tired of making the same meal over and over. Last week I decided to switch up my chili recipe and came up with this delicious cheesy chili mac bake recipe.
(The full recipe is in the ReciPress section below.)
Of course, no chili meal would be complete without some Jiffy® cornbread muffins!
I know a recipe is a hit when both my husband and my son go back for seconds, and there was just enough of the cheesy chili mac bake recipe leftover for my lunch the next day.
Is there a meal your family enjoys over and over?
Cheesy Chili Mac Bake
By January 22, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
Everyone in my house loves chili, but I get tired of making the same meal over and over. Last week I decided to switch up my chili …
- 4 oz elbow pasta
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz, undrained)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking dish by lightly greasing or spraying with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta al dente and drain.
- Spray sautee pan with cooking spray or add 1 T canola oil, and sautee diced onion until translucent.
- Add ground beef, brown, and drain off fat.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and spices, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend in black beans and pasta.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Lightly cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350F for 30 min.
- Remove foil and bake for 5 min more.