I love my easy no-bake oatmeal peanut butter balls (and judging by how many hits that recipe gets every day, you do too!), but now that it’s fall I’m craving a bit of pumpkin in my life. I found a few oatmeal pumpkin ball recipes on other blogs, but most required too many ingredients I didn’t have on hand (liked dates and pepitas), so I decided to come up with my own pumpkin oatmeal balls recipe.
(The recipe is in the ReciPress section below.)
Have you tried a new pumpkin recipe this fall?
Easy No-Bake Pumpkin Oatmeal Balls
By October 23, 2013Published:
- Yield: 24 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
I love my easy no-bake oatmeal peanut butter balls (and judging by how many hits that recipe gets every day, you do too!), but now …
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (you can make this recipe gluten-free by using certified gluten-free oats)
- 3/4 cup vanilla protein powder (I used Visalus brand)
- 1/4 cup PB2 (a dry peanut butter substitute)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp raisins (optional)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Blend dry ingredients in large mixing bowl, and stir in raisins.
- Blend in pumpkin and mix well.
- Using hands, form into balls.
- Enjoy! (Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.)
- For a "cooked" variation, you can heat a few balls (however many you plan to eat right away) in a microwave for a few seconds. In my microwave, 15 seconds was just long enough to give them a "baked" texture without burning the raisins.
- With the ingredients I used, each of the 24 balls has about 30 calories.