I have to say that I love this week’s Friday Five theme. While I really am an upbeat person, I do like to
bitch vent to get things off my chest and clear the air.
I also have to admit that the theme song is on my “Treadmill Tunes” playlist. It’s such a fun one!
Five Things That Make Me Go Hmmm
1. Race Photos. I’ve shared before why you should pay for your race photos and explained that it could be a copyright violation to use the “proof” versions you may be able to clip from a preview page. That said, I feel the pain of pricey pictures. This year I’ve seen better deals from Marathon-Photos.com, although they still cost enough to make me “sleep on it” before I make a purchase. I think $20 would be my no-hesitation price, but I purchased my Army Ten Miler photos for about $35.
Smiling for the photographer on the 14th Street Bridge
Driving for the finish line
2. The Weather. Apparently we were really lucky to have “fall” weather for our anniversary century ride on October 1, but one week later we had “tropical conditions” during the Army Ten Miler. Looking ahead, we are supposed to get into the 80s this weekend, and even next week it will still be much warmer than average.
I would like some fall running weather this fall, please!
3. Weekend Business Trips. Last weekend I had a business trip in Milwaukee from midday Friday to midday Saturday–and the “earliest” flight back I could get didn’t get me home until 10 pm the night before the Army Ten Miler. I’m used to business travel, but wasn’t exactly saying “Hmmm” when the organizers admitted they planned it over a weekend to test our commitment.
At least I managed to get in a run before the meeting started.
I have another business trip the fist weekend of November, but I’m reclaiming that lost personal time by tagging on some girlfriend time at the end.
4. Fitbit Tattling. Not that I have anything to hide, but I found this article about the use of Fitbit data to poke holes in alibis both fascinating and frightening. Even if you don’t use an activity tracker, there is so much data available on where you were when and what you were doing from license plate cameras, personal and public closed circuit cameras, cell phones, IP addresses, etc. Big Brother is watching whether we are aware of it or not!
5. Health Appointments. I finally had a long-overdue physical, but left with reminders that I need to take care of my long-overdue mammogram, long-overdue PAP smear, long-overdue dermatologist appointment, and long-overdue ophthalmologist appointment. I hate scheduling appointments, and hate even more that I have to carve out a half day for each one since I never know how long I’ll be kept waiting for that 15 minute appointment.
And with that, I’ll leave this for you to enjoy!
What’s your price point for race photos?