I really love my Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal recipe and my husband really likes this Banana Bread, but now that I’ve combined the best of both recipes into this Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal, there may be no going back.
Enjoying Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal during a mid-morning break at work.
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal Ingredients
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
(or 1 cup water and 1 cup milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces (or walnuts), crushed
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Prepare 8.5 x 11 baking dish or six 1-cup ramekins by spraying with cooking spray
- Mash bananas thoroughly in a large mixing bowl
- Stir in wet ingredients (eggs, milk, and vanilla)
- Blend in dry ingredients (oatmeal, spices, crushed nuts, raisins)
- Pour into prepared baking dish or ramekins
- Bake for 35-45 min until oatmeal is set and lightly golden
Baking the oatmeal directly in ramekins turns this into a great grab-and-go breakfast. It tastes best warmed up in the microwave, but I’ve enjoyed it at room temperature on a particularly hectic day. It’s also great with a dollop of vanilla or coconut yogurt.