This week’s Friday Five theme is a fun one–A Day In The Life. But my life is so routine, only the weather has changed since I shared this glimpse into a day in my life in January. Because I’m going on vacation next week, I thought I’d mix it up and share five thing I won’t be doing.
1. Running. Usually when I plan a vacation I have to figure out where and when I can sneak in a run without feeling too guilty about leaving my husband behind. With my lingering foot injury, that won’t be an issue this time, although I’m still packing my running shoes, Garmin, and Nathan hydration vest for all the hiking we plan to do. (That won’t bother my foot at all, right?)
2. Going to Starbucks. How can it be a vacation without Starbucks? I’m trying not to panic, but it doesn’t look like there’s a Starbucks near our hotel. I will have to make do with the in-room Keurig–oh, wait, maybe I should pack some Starbucks K-cups? 😉
3. Working. This is probably wishful thinking, but I am really going to try to delegate or defer any work “emergencies” that crop up next week. Yes, I will triage my emails every day and ask my secretary to text me if anything truly urgent comes up, but I’m pretty sure I need a week off more than my clients need legal advice before August 17th.
4. Blogging. I usually manage to keep up with blogging while on vacation, but I plan to limit my computer time next week and focus on doing things I can’t do at home. I’m sure I won’t be able to resist sharing pictures on Facebook and Instagram, but I don’t plan to pull out my laptop unless there’s a work emergency I can’t fend off.
5. Going to the movies. We often see a silly movie on vacation, but this time we got a head start and saw Vacation last weekend. I didn’t have high expectations, but for some reason my husband expected it to be better–or less bad. I guess that leaves Ant-Man or Pixels, but neither looks that interesting. Is it just me, or has this been a slow summer for movies?