This recipe for Chocolate Crackle Cookies comes right off the box of Ghiradelli® Double Chocolate brownie mix (with chocolate chips in the mix), with one variation in technique.
Last weekend as I was organizing our pantry I noticed something unusual about the box of brownie mix.
Apparently, my son noticed the recipe for Chocolate Crackle Cookies a few weeks ago when he was scrounging for a late-night snack. Luckily I found his “note” before he went back to school and was able to make them this weekend.
- 1 box Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix (with chocolate chips in the mix)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
- Empty mix into large mixing bowl and stir in flour.
- Add eggs and oil and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover batter and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour powdered sugar into a bowl.
- To form cookies, scoop out a rounded tablespoon of batter and use hands to roll into balls.
- Roll balls of batter through powdered sugar to coat.
- Place sugar-coated balls on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack to cool.
- The package directions did not suggest that you refrigerate the batter. I was able to make three cookies before the batter became a mess to work with. By refrigerating the batter for about an hour and keeping the batter in the refrigerator between batches, it worked well.
What is your favorite way to enjoy chocolate?
Do your kids leave you notes in odd places?