Ultimate Coffee Date — Summer Vacation Edition

Welcome to the Ultimate Coffee Date Link Up, where we imagine that we are getting together for coffee (or tea, or your favorite relaxing beverage), and share what’s going on in our lives. It’s a chance to get to know each other better and support each other in all our endeavors. Since it’s no fun to have coffee alone, make sure you leave comments on other blogs in the link up, and don’t forget to visit my co-host Deborah at Confessions Of A Mother Runner.

The Ultimate Coffee Date

We’d love for you to use our new badge in your coffee date posts–
you can grab the html code here:

If you are new to link ups, check out these tips for making the most of them.

Drinking Coffee On Summer Vacation

As you’re reading this, I am getting ready to take my summer vacation! This is a big deal because we didn’t take a vacation last summer–we weren’t sure how long Tiger Lilly would be with us–and because we are visiting my son in Europe!

Enjoying a parfait in Speyer, Germany

This also is a big deal because I have not planned out our itinerary, other than booking our flights and hotel rooms. I usually am a type-A planner, but for this trip I’m happy to let my son decide where we go and what we see.  That said, I’m sure I’ll be up before he is–even with jet lag–and will have to find coffee on my own.

So, for today’s coffee date I’m going to tell you about the other times I had coffee in Europe–I don’t always go to Starbucks!

The last time I was in Brussels, we got coffee at the train station the morning we arrived. Even there they served a small piece of dark chocolate with the coffee!

The fanciest coffee service I had in Europe was at a cafe in Switzerland–again with the piece of chocolate!

When my European clients visit me, they always order a “flat white” so I tried one myself in Copenhagen.

If we were having coffee, I’d ask if you have plans for a summer vacation. I’d also ask if you still look forward to a good cup of coffee even when it’s hot outside?

Loading InLinkz ...

This entry was posted in Coffee Date and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Ultimate Coffee Date — Summer Vacation Edition

1. I do enjoy my tea year round. ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t think I’ve ever seen Mr. Judy get a chocolate with his coffee when we were in Europe!

Obviously, we just had our “summer” vacation. Hope yours is wonderful!
    Judy @ Chocolaterunsjudy recently posted…Where do we go from here?: Spilling over tea/coffee July 2017My Profile

2. Wow…you’re in England? Lucky you!Well, I don’t do coffee, but I’m always up for a hot chai latte’ even in the heat of summer ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Yay for a summer vacation! Enjoy your trip ๐Ÿ™‚
    Michelle @ Running with Attitude recently posted…July Coffee DateMy Profile

4. The European coffee is so much better isn’t it? And cheaper! Hope you are having a wonderful trip can’t wait to hear about it

5. Kimberly G says:

I hope that you have a fabulous vacation!!
    Kimberly G recently posted…Join Me For June RunfessionsMy Profile

Other than a beach trip, we usually stay home in the summer to enjoy the lake and own our back yard. I do still love hot coffee in the summer, even after a run. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

7. I love my coffee year round and I love to check out coffee shops when I travel! I hope you have a great time and enjoy every second of it!
    Mary Beth Jackson recently posted…Hello July! Ultimate Coffee date!My Profile

8. I’m sure looking forward to seeing your coffee pics from Europe! I’ll be having coffee in Wisconsin and Alabama this summer!
    Wendy@Taking the Long Way Home recently posted…June RunfessionsMy Profile

9. Darlene says:

I am drooling . I love COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was not a coffee drinker until I had a cafe au lait in Paris during my junior year of college – instantly hooked.

Unfortunately it never tasted as god in the US.
    Darlene recently posted…Ultimate Coffee Date โ€“ JulyMy Profile

10. Clarinda says:

I like hot coffee all year long, but I mostly drink it at work, but it’s always cold inside. LOL. I want to go to Europe now – just to get a piece of chocolate with my coffee. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Enjoy your vacation!
    Clarinda recently posted…Ultimate Coffee Date – July 2017My Profile

11. vicki says:

Enjoy your vacation! How awesome getting a piece of dark chocolate with your coffee. We’re getting ready to go to Jamaica in a couple days.

12. I loved reading this because I’m writing from Berlin! Where are you headed?? Loving the strong brews in Berlin!

13. Serving coffee with a small chocolate? Genius. Those Europeans… ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Teresa says:

I’ve had coffee in Paris and Rome …no chocolate. ๐Ÿ™

I do enjoy my coffee year round ….hot, cold, rain or shine, I must have my coffee!!

Have a great trip Coco!
    Teresa recently posted…Coffee, Confessions and Recapping โ€ฆI missed it all!My Profile

15. Cara says:

Hello from a fellow coffee-holic ๐Ÿ™‚ Did you enjoyed that flat white coffee? It looks delicious

16. Kim W says:

I love these coffee pictures! They capture the idea of having coffee as a special experience.
    Kim W recently posted…“Social Media” Race Weekend Recap #CUCB2017My Profile