Spooky Runfessions

It’s the last Friday of the month, which means it’s time to come clean with a few runfessions. Thanks so much to Marcia for giving me this opportunity to cleanse my soul soles and start November with a clean slate.

runfessions

Thanks also to Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for hosting the new Friday Five 2.0! I’ve got five spooky things to runfess this Halloween weekend.

Marathon Runfessions. If you saw my latest Weekly Wrap, you know that I am toying with the idea of entering the lottery for the 2017 Chicago Marathon. I runfess that if I really wanted to run a marathon I’d enter the MCM lottery–or do the 17.75K race that rewards you with a guaranteed entry to MCM.  But I’m not. As much as I love running in my home town, it’s my love of running in Chi-town that’s making me crazy.

If you are running MCM this weekend, watch for the MRTT cheer stations in Crystal City, and let me know your bib number so I can watch for you!

Indoor Cycling Runfessions. As much as I love Revolve, I runfess spinfess that I am excited to try a new indoor cycling studio next week–CycleBar. They are supposed to have high-tech classes at a more reasonable price than other popular studios. While anyone can sign up for a free class, they scheduled a special free session for my Moms Run This Town group, so I will be trying it out with other running friends.

Hell Week Runfessions. This week is “Hell Week” at Orange Theory Fitness, which means that each workout has a hellish theme, and if you sign up and make it to (complete?) five classes you will earn a special t-shirt.

Orange Theory Fitness Hell Week

I runfess that I was excited to hear about this non-running challenge. Now that there is nothing left on my 2016 race calendar, I am ready to mix things up.  Come back Monday to see if I survived!

Halloween Costume Runfessions. Speaking of Halloween, I runfess that I have no desire to don a costume and participate in a Halloween fun run. I won’t run in a tutu either. It’s just not my thing.

pumpkin

My pumpkin-carving skills are nothing to envy!

Pumpkin Carving Runfessions. Still on the topic of Halloween, I runfess confess that I have not bought any pumpkins to carve. I loved carving pumpkins with the kids, and I love roasted pumpkin seeds, but I can’t get into doing it on my own. We’ve got spooky decorations up and will give out candy, but there won’t be a jack-o-lantern on our front step. (Do you know the story of Pumpkin Jack? It’s one of the stories behind Halloween.)

Are you dressing up for Halloween?

Are you carving pumpkins?

Have you heard of CycleBar?

This entry was posted in Fitness and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Spooky Runfessions

1. Isn’t every week at OTF Hell Week? :p

Since I work in pediatrics, we dress up for Halloween. I’ve got my costume ready…
    Wendy@Taking the Long Way Home recently posted…Runfessions: October EditionMy Profile

2. Yes, I’m dressing up at work. I’ll post pics later….but here’s a hint. I’m borrowing one of the husbands biking jerseys (that says “Team Buttcrack) and impersonating a cyclist (because I really don’t consider myself an authentic cyclist…yet).
    Kimberly Hatting recently posted…Let’s be honest…My Profile

3. Chaitali says:

Ugh, I hate carving pumpkins. I have to admit that we just got a fake jack-o-lantern and called it a day.
    Chaitali recently posted…Friday 5 – Lessons from my first trail runMy Profile

4. No pumpkins, no costumes in races, and no costumes period.

This is my prime racing season! A race next week, probably the following week, a half in december, a race the following week . . .
    Judy @ Chocolaterunsjudy recently posted…Speed FOMO: October 2016 RunfessionsMy Profile

5. I’m in the dog house with my kids because we still haven’t bought any pumpkins. I admit it I’m just not a Halloween kinda girl – definitely no running in costumes!
    Michelle @ Running with Attitude recently posted…Runfessions October 2016My Profile

It’s hard to get into Halloween when the kids are grown. I haven’t bought a pumpkin to carve. (Your pirate is cute!) I’m not sure I’ll give out candy. The trick or treaters make our dogs insane anyway. I agree with Wendy. Any week at OTF would be a hell week for me. LOL. But, I know you will survive!

7. SCARRY POTTER & THE GOBLET SQUAT OF FIRE. That is the best thing I’ve read all week! Good luck with your OTF Hell Week – that sounds awesome!

I’ve run in a tutu thrice and I’ve disliked it EVERY TIME. I always ask why I do that to myself!

My pumpkin crop in the garden was gangbusters this year so, no lie, I’ve got 12+ out there including a 200+ pounder and we gave tons away. That said, I have no interest in carving this year. I’m glad the kids are old enough to get after it.
    NOW GO GET IN THAT CHI LOTTERY!!!
    Marcia recently posted…Taperfessions: A Special Kind of MadnessMy Profile

9. Where is the new cycle bar? I want to check it out maybe we can go together
    Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…Halloween “Lifesavers” -Healthy Tips For a Stress Free HolidayMy Profile

10. I haven’t carved a pumpkin in a long time but I bought one this year to carve with my daughter this weekend… Hopefully it’s fun (and not too messy, if such a thing is remotely possible with an almost-three-year-old)!
    I am toying with the idea of entering the Chicago Marathon lottery for 2018… It’s probably going to take me the whole next year to decide.
    Kelly @ Noodle to the Rescue recently posted…Five Random ThoughtsMy Profile

11. That Orange Theory workout sounds fun, but also Challenging. Good luck! Man what we will do for free stuff….haha. Have a fantastic weekend!
    Lacey@fairytalesandfitness recently posted…Halloween MemoriesMy Profile

12. I picked up my pumpkins last night and we are carving Saturday night- we can’t do it to earlier here or Jack will rot! OTF Hell week does sound scary- I know you will survive! Have a great weekend!
    Mary Beth Jackson recently posted…Runfessions- Something New!My Profile

13. I never heard of CycleBar, I wonder if there are any in Philly? Now that I’m spinning on a weekly basis I’m really enjoying it!

I keep hearing how great the Chicago Marathon is, I hope you decide to enter the lottery! 🙂
    Janelle @ Run With No Regrets recently posted…2016 Perfect 10 Miler Race RecapMy Profile

14. Rachel says:

This is the first year I’m not dressing up or doing anything Halloween-y because I’m running MCM. I’m so excited. I’ll look for your cheer stations!
    Rachel recently posted…Top 5 Moments of MCM TrainingMy Profile

15. Ana says:

Usually I’m all about Halloween, but this year I Just can’t get into it.

I am with you on the Tutus, not my thing.

I hope the rest of
    Your challenge goes well and you get that tshirt.
    Ana recently posted…Five Friday Runfessions- October 2016My Profile

16. The only costume I’ve run is was Olaf and it was hilarious.

17. MCM Mama says:

We just bought S his costume – just not on top of the holiday this year. And it’s even his birthday LOL.

I hope to see you at MCM! It was awesome to see you last year.
    MCM Mama recently posted…Tips for Marathon Training on the TreadmillMy Profile

18. I’ve already said it, but put your name in for the Chicago lottery! I know that you can handle running a marathon!
    Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…My Costumes for Wine and Dine WeekendMy Profile

19. TriGirl says:

I’m living in an apartment this year so I will not be carving a pumpkin either–way too messy and not worth the effort. I also don’t do the tutu thing though I will be running tomorrow in regular clothes. After that I am looking forward to doing some non-running workouts for the rest of the year!
    TriGirl recently posted…Blood Doping on the LSDMy Profile

20. We don’t celebrate Halloween here, so I actually forget about all the hoopla ! Once in a while we might get someone in costume ringing our bell, but it would be kids who live in the building or friends of my kids.
    I think you should sign up for Chicago. What a great goal to look forward to.
    Karen @ Fit in France recently posted…Runfessions : OctoberMy Profile

21. I’ve never really dressed up in costume for a run (besides a tutu) and am just not a bit costume person in general. We did dress up for work this year though (randomly last Thursday – go figure) and I went as Tinker Bell 🙂 You should totally enter the lottery for Chicago! Good luck surviving Hell Week!
    Lindsay Loves Running recently posted…Friday Five October RunfessionsMy Profile

22. Not dressing up for Halloween. Good luck with hell week, sounds like a great challenge. I am just restig and prepping for the NYC Marathon next Sunday.
    Toni @runninglovingliving recently posted…Prepping For The Pool #SwimWithSpeedo #ADMy Profile

23. I’m moving this weekend, so it’s been tough to get in the Halloween spirit. It’s a bummer because I usually love Halloween, but I guess there’s always next year! Good luck with Hell Week!
    Nicole @ Fitful Focus recently posted…Five Last Minute Halloween CostumesMy Profile

24. Great job taking on the hell week challenge.
    I am toss my name in for Chicago 2017 and MCM 2018