Suffering From Vacation Envy

I don’t always use the badge for the Weekly Wrap Link Up hosted by Holly and Tricia, but this time of year I love everything related to the beach. Too bad I don’t have plans to put my toes in the sand any time soon. On the other hand, I think ALL my clients will be on vacation in July, which is fine, except most are European and will be gone for WEEKS, which is great for them, but they want ALL the work that’s due in July to be done by next week, which would be okay, except none of them told me this until last week. If I get one more email saying “Since I will be out July xx-yy can you please send me that document this week” I will scream. Or cry. Or go to Starbucks …. And then plan my own vacation.

Weekly Wrap

At least I’m not too busy for my morning workouts! This week I did less running than usual, but that’s okay since my next big race isn’t until September.

Monday: Orange Theory Fitness + Strength

The OTF Beats App finally works for my new studio, which means I can get even more workout data. During this class, we did three rounds each of rowing machine/weights/treadmill, which is why my heart rate varied so much–any why it wasn’t in the orange zone for very long.

Orange Theory Fitness

After OTF, I did about 30 minutes of strength at my office gym, including some planks.

side plankThis selfie was stanky!

Tuesday: 5 mile hilly run

You’d think that after OTF my legs would be tired. but there’s something about those short treadmill intervals that make me want to run harder–or at least tackle some hills–on my next run.

Hills

Can you see the church spire on the right? That’s my church!

Wednesday: 45 minute strength workout at home

Thursday: 3 mile rainy run

I didn’t intend to run in the rain, but it didn’t start until I was halfway down my hill, and didn’t start pouring until I was about 1 mile from home. Once you’re wet, you’re wet, so I was going to keep running until I saw a flash of lighting and decided not to be a dumbass.

RunChatHunt Flag

This may be my RunChatHunt “flag” entry.

Friday: 30 minute strength workout at home

Saturday: 3 mile run, 30 min yoga, 30 min November Project workout at the Fit Plus Harbor East fitness festival–I’ll share more about that on Wednesday!

Sunday: 31-ish mile bike ride

cycling

This may have been the last ride for my Garmin 405. The GPS wasn’t working for the first mile (that could have been user error, but it looked like it had been on), and then it missed about 30 minutes of the middle of the ride. I thought it had died, but when I un-froze the screen it still showed the data it had tracked so far, so I don’t know what happened. The last time it flaked out mid-ride was on our epic anniversary ride and I don’t want it happening again during the Farm To Fork Fondo in August, so I may have just ordered my fifth Garmin GPS watch. Yes, I’m addicted to technology!

Do you have a beach vacation lined up?

This entry was posted in Fitness and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Suffering From Vacation Envy

1. Karen says:

What a great bike ride 🙂 I have not been on my bike like I should be, time to get busy. That is a good flag run chat for sure!
    Go get them hills, I think I may be on the avoidance plan till cooler weather lol Saturday hills kicked my tush.
    Karen recently posted…Tale from the TrailMy Profile

Stanky selfies! LOL. You always capture the best sunrise pictures. Great pace on that hilly run too. That sunset we use for WW was taken inside our car waiting on the Jamestown Ferry on a frigid day in March several years ago. Close enough to a beach pic. I wish my Garmin automatically knew if I was running or cycling. My Fitnit does. Thanks for linking Coco.

3. You have no idea how much I want a beach vacation! We have no vacation plans until my half in oct right now. We had something planned in sept — just a long weekend — but it looks like it fell through, so I’m back to researching & hoping.

You look like you move plenty! And I have been caught in a thunderstorm — more than once. Obviously not on purpose.
    Judy @ Chocolaterunsjudy recently posted…Daytrips, blogger meetups, and running, oh my!: 6/20-26 Weekly WrapMy Profile

beach
    mountains
    ANYWHERE.
    I need.
    Not want 🙂
    Carla recently posted…Venting versus Complaining.My Profile

5. Well, my beach vacation happened (way) back in March when we went to Florida for our son’s swim Nationals. ((sigh)) I have vacay envy, and beach envy, something fierce!! I have totally forgotten about the #RunChatHunt….oops
    Kimberly Hatting recently posted…Hills. Heat. Humidity. UGH.My Profile

6. I may have to try OTF again soon. I just love being outside right now but it may get too hot. Would love to hook up for a bike ride soon. See you for coffee!
    Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…Vegan Bourbon Baked Beans Meatless MondayMy Profile

7. Oh dear, and here I posted about my vacation! It’s hard to be a grownup in the summer…

Looks like you managed to get some good workouts in this week.
    Wendy@Taking the Long Way Home recently posted…Rewind, Reset, RechargeMy Profile

8. Looks like a great week of workouts and I’m so glad I got to hang with you on Saturday!! Such a fun time. I’m probably doing yoga this Wed at the Waterfront!
    Mar @ Mar on the Run recently posted…Weekend Festivals: Fitness & BBQ!My Profile

9. Well since I live at the beach I always have beach days. It is literally 200 yards away from my condo. The summer has been great! I have never been to an Orange Theory class but I hear we are getting one soon.

10. Great job with all your workouts! I’ve been lucky to not get caught in the rain during a run since that crazy Broad Street Run! Ah man, I wish I could get to the beach. Now that we’ve got the house, I’m not sure if I’ll ever get to escape for a vacay, lol!
    Janelle @ Run With No Regrets recently posted…Philly Marathon Pre-Training Week 3 RecapMy Profile

11. vicki says:

I just got back from vacation and feel like I need another one 🙂 Sounds like you got in some great workouts!
    vicki recently posted…Vegan Tex-Mex Loaded Baked PotatoMy Profile

12. Cassi says:

If I can get enough people to join us we’ll be heading to Costa Rica for fall break.
    Cassi recently posted…Signs EverywhereMy Profile

13. Oh no I never really thought about the work you coaches do to prepare us.
    I too have done less running as far as miles but I am streaking and most days I just do a couple miles. I’m good with it cause it’s allowing me to take more classes.
    Well you did ask… yes we’ll be leaving Friday headed to the beach. I hope I can get up a few days for the sunrise, but it’s so dang early! 🙂
    Tricia Vaughn recently posted…Weekly Wrap 47 Welcome SummerMy Profile

14. Nice job mixing up the workouts! I’d give anything for a vacation right now…beach or elsewhere…just some unplugged time would be great – unfortunately, nothing planned yet.
    Michelle @ Running with Attitude recently posted…Weekly Wrap – Regaining My FootingMy Profile

15. Christine says:

I live at the beach, so every week is a beach vacation… 🙂 But we did just get back from visiting family in PA (not at the beach). Sorry your work is stressful right now! At least you’ll have a bit a of a break when everyone is on vacation. I so want to try Orange Theory Fitness. There’s been rumors of one opening in my city for a while and it hasn’t happened yet.

Good job on your workouts this week!
    Christine recently posted…Weekly recap (6/20-/6/26): Lancaster, PA vacationMy Profile

16. I too am yearning for a beach vacay. I’m hoping to be able to sneak away next Friday for a quick beach day before going to Jersey for the weekend. Hope you can get some beach time as well!
    Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC recently posted…Chicago Marathon Training Recap, Week 3My Profile

17. Excited to hear about your November project workout. I keep hearing tons about them.
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted…NYC Marathon Training – 19 Weeks OutMy Profile

18. Another productive week down! Way to go girly and I hope you get all your work done. I know how stressful that can be when you feel overloaded and are on a time crunch!!!
    Rachel @ RachelMcMichael.com recently posted…I could really use your help…My Profile

Great week! A beach vacay sounds divine. We’ll be in NC over the 4th of July holiday, alas nowhere near the beach. A swimming pool will have to do. I can’t complain though with Ireland fast approaching.
    Marcia recently posted…What’s Your Number?My Profile

20. Yes, there is a feel of vacation in the air here in Europe !
    Just think how busy you are this week, but it will taper off for the next 4 to 8 weeks. I love the summer here, things are slower.
    Karen @ Fit in France recently posted…LGBT Pride Run Race RecapMy Profile

21. GiGi Eats says:

Ah ha ha! PLANK SELFIES – that’s too good! 😉

And VACATIONS are good for the soul and motivation!!! I needed a mini vacation last week and I went away back to my home town in Wyoming. It was good to get away but now I am back and SO READY to jump back on the horse! I love getting re-charged a bit!