This Is What A PR Looks Like

There are so many things I love about the GW Parkway Classic–the race is well-organized, the course is lovely, and Port City sponsors their beer garden. 😉 For the past few years, they’ve also had FREE race photos from Swim Bike Run Photo–what’s not to love about that? Well, I’ve learned that just because a race photo is free doesn’t mean I will want it.

2015 GWPC

When I first saw my photos for the 2015 GW Parkway Classic, I didn’t like them. I decided that they weren’t even worth downloading and closed the browser window.

But then I realized that they capture what a PR looks like. I shared in my race recaps that I worked hard for my recent PRs, and these pictures reflect that effort.

2015 Parkway Classic What A PR Looks Like

Instead of wishing that I had more flattering race photos, I need to remember that it’s those tough moments that lead to these big smiles.

31st GW Parkway Classic

Do you usually like your race photos?

This entry was posted in Fitness and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to This Is What A PR Looks Like

No, I usually don’t like my photos. Great way to think about it, though. So true.
    HoHo Runs recently posted…Pancakes and PedalsMy Profile

2. I actually have liked most of my race pictures but not the cost! 🙁

I have the GW Classic on my 201/2017 list-i. Have heard great things about it 😉

Congrats on your PR!

3. Yum Yucky says:

I am so inspired by this. I’m not a runner but this inspires me in others way to keep pushing and get down to the nitty gritty with my goals. Congrats on your PR, my little Coco Puff!
    Yum Yucky recently posted…Abs Progress Pictures: C-Section, Loose Skin, Stretch Marks, ScarringMy Profile

4. Love this! You worked your butt off and you should be proud of your photos! Congrats again.
    Deborah Brooks @ Confessions of a Mother Runner recently posted…5 Reasons Runners Make The Best MomsMy Profile

I swear Im so so so glad there are not photographers around during my tough LIFE MOMENTS.
    Id not wanna buy the pictures.
    Carla recently posted…Blogging is dead. Long live the blog!My Profile

6. Yes!!!! That’s the picture of what hard work looks like. Way to go!!! But I’m with you, my first look at most race pics is cringe worthy. Do I really look like that running?
    Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted…14 Things NOT to Say to an Injured RunnerMy Profile

7. Tina muir says:

YAY! Love this! I am all about actually using the energy to run faster, rather than making sure you look good for the camera. However, I have to admit, for london my race photos do not look like they usually do as I was having fun…and I did PR, but towards the end, there are definitely some ugly looking photos haha. But you are right, the happy smiles should be for the end of the race 🙂
    Tina muir recently posted…Meatless Monday- Honey and Lime 3-Bean DipMy Profile

8. Steena says:

The 20k we ran 2 weekends ago had free photos. We posed together, yet the dumb photographer editor people separated us in the final edit. We were obviously together! Free can be disappointing.
    I like your point here though! Maybe a good mantra “Run ugly”

9. I know what you mean. I don’t typically like how my race photos look (or the price) but this – this IS what a PR looks like and all the hard work, passion and dedication that goes into it. Congrats on your PR!
    Christine @ Love, Life, Surf recently posted…Finding My Run: Running After InjuryMy Profile

Congrats on the PR! My race pics usually show me with eyes closed or tongue out. I do love that more races are offering free downloads. The prices of prints have gotten so out of hand.
    Marcia recently posted…Weekend Rewind and a RecipeMy Profile

11. Jennifer says:

Thought it was a great picture! Showed how hard you fought for that PR!
    Jennifer recently posted…St. Michael’s Half Training 5/4-5/10 – Week 7My Profile

12. I love this race photos of you! They show how hard you’re working for those well-deserved PRs! The only race photos I’ve ever liked are a couple my husband has taken. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten one of the professional pics – just too expensive!
    Michelle @ Running with Attitude recently posted…Friday Five: Sharing the Love of RunningMy Profile

13. Annmarie says:

My race photos are usually horrific but I love your perspective on “bad” race photos. You are totally right, PR’s usually aren’t pretty but they are so worth it!!!
    Annmarie recently posted…Get Ready to Revolutionize Your Kitchen with CountertopMy Profile

14. Absolutely!!! For a while I had a good track record with my photos, but lately they have gotten much worse and I can’t blame a PR on them 😉
    Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes recently posted…5 Reasons You should run a Virtual RaceMy Profile

15. I like your race photos! You’re working hard, and it shows! I like my 5K photos far more than my marathon pics. The marathon pics always caught me in the downward stride where it looked like I was ready to collapse on the ground. I actually look like I’m running hard in my 5K pictures! 🙂
    Debbie @ Deb Runs recently posted…Time For A Tempo RunMy Profile

16. You can tell you are busting a**. Like you said, PRs do not come easy!
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted…Training for the AJC Peachtree Road RaceMy Profile

17. I am so excited I found your blog! Great job on the pR and awesome pace! I am a lawyer and a mom and a runner too! Bookmarking your page now!
    Smitha @ Running with SD Mom recently posted…#ThursdayTriumph – A #PCT50 Recap from a non Ultra Runner!My Profile

18. Run Ugly – love it!
    carrie@familyfitnessfood recently posted…Why I Returned My Fitbit Charge HRMy Profile

19. Pingback: Five Things I'm Loving For Summer - Got2Run4Me

20. Valerie says:

So inspiring. Good lesson here to look past the surface at the bigger picture. 😉

21. Pingback: Give A Good Luck Box To Your Favorite Runner - Got2Run4Me