Today’s Friday Five theme is “favorites” but since today is tax day* I thought it might be more fitting to share five things that frustrate runners.
*If you aren’t ready to file your taxes yet, this year you actually have until April 18 because today is a legal holiday in Washington, D.C., in observance of Emancipation Day. Emancipation Day marks the day that President Lincoln signed the District of Columbia Emancipation Act, which ended slavery in Washington, D.C.
Things That Frustrate Runners
1. Heading out for a run–or even worse, a race–and discovering that your Garmin wasn’t connected to the charger correctly and only has 5% battery life.
2. Getting to your running trail and realizing that you don’t have your phone/iPod/headphones. (This really did happen to me at a race.
3. After a week of gorgeous weather while you were stuck at work, waking up on your long run day to rainy/windy/snowy weather.
4. Learning that your favorite running shoes have been discontinued. Or that the new model was tweaked just enough to give you blisters.
5. Missing a PR by a few seconds.
What frustrates you as a runner?
Have you filed your taxes yet?