I love today’s Friday Five theme because I love getting to know other bloggers. I can’t wait to read the “Five Things About Me” that others share in the Friday Five link up sponsored by Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up for What.
1. I am a runner. With a blog called Running With Perseverance and social media names based on Got2Run4Me, it’s no surprise that I like to run, but it’s only recently that I’ve realized that I am a runner. I love to run. I plan my weekends around my long run. I do my best to go running on business trips and vacations. I wake up looking forward to my run, even if I haven’t gotten nearly enough sleep. Running gets me going and keeps me going. Running is my breathing space in my otherwise hectic days.
2. I am an attorney. While I don’t write about lawyering nearly as much as I write about running, I love my job as a patent attorney. I care so much about my legal field that I have an “award winning” legal blog that I don’t have to worry about monetizing or promoting on instagram, although it does have a twitter account ….
3. I married my high school sweetheart. I met my husband when I was 15 and we celebrated our 25th anniversary last year. He is thoughtful, romantic, and a good shopper. He puts up with me when I’m stressed about work, sweaty after a long run, or staging a picture of our dinner for a What I Ate Wednesday post.
4. I am a Francophile. French was my favorite subject in high school and I minored in French in college. I’ve only been to France twice, but I love Paris, the French language, French food, and a nice bottle of French wine.
5. I am an introverted homebody at heart. Being a parent and advancing in my career have forced me to come out of my comfort zone, but I am a shy introvert at heart and have to quash those old insecurities when I walk into a room full of people I don’t know. I travel a lot for work, but I really enjoy being at home–and still have not planned our summer vacation! I do enjoy visiting new places, but have to overcome a lot of inertia to get out of the house.
Share five things about yourself (or even one) in the comments, or join the Friday Five link up.