Mediterranean Goat Cheese And Kale Pizza

I have such a hard time coming up with menu ideas. A few Saturdays ago I had already done my weekly grocery shopping, but still was feeling uninspired about what to cook for Sunday dinner. When I came across Marie’s recipe for kale and goat cheese pizza, it sounded so good I braved Trader Joe’s on Sunday morning to get the ingredients.

Mediterranean Goat Cheese And Kale Pizza

I can’t make any recipe without making it my own, and that is especially true for pizza. I used a whole wheat crust and Trader Joe’s bottled pizza sauce, omitted the fresh sliced tomatoes that Marie used, and added kalamata olives and a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese.

Because I knew I wouldn’t be putting all the kale on the pizza, I massaged the kale. Have you heard about this? When you are going to use kale in a salad, massaging the leaves with a bit of oil makes it much more tender. I washed and dried the kale and then sprayed it with Olive Oil Pamยฎ and massaged the kale leaves until they looked softer and shiny. It really did make a difference!

To make the pizza, I basically followed the directions on the pizza dough package, but watched the baking time carefully with Marie’s warning in mind.ย I thought it was delicious and my husband even ate all the kale from one of his slices. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have you ever massaged your kale?

What is your favorite pizza topping?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Mediterranean Goat Cheese And Kale Pizza

YES YES YES the massaging is what got me to try making the chips.
    now
    goat cheese? never ever tried it ๐Ÿ™‚
    is it time?
    Carla recently posted…Creating a personal mantra.My Profile

2. Oh wow, that does sound delicious! I’ve been loving both kale and feta lately.
    Laura @ Mommy Run Fast recently posted…Deconstructing our Cravings – Part 3My Profile

3. ok i LOVE tj’s whole wheat pizza dough!!
    Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted…Salad Bar at Souplantation & Sweet TomatoesMy Profile

4. I love goat cheese. This sounds good! I love that your husband ate the kale from ‘one’ of his slices ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s probably more than mine would. Mine thinks that leafy greens are evil or something.
    Carrie@familyfitnessfood.com recently posted…Food solves the problem – WIAWMy Profile

5. Kim says:

I haven’t massaged kale but your pizza sounds delicious- I love olives on pizza (I might add the tomatoes and some mushrooms, too!).
    Kim recently posted…THINKMy Profile

6. Yum Yucky says:

That pizza is so fancy. Please come to my house and feed me fancy things.
    Yum Yucky recently posted…Muscle Building Bento BoxMy Profile

7. My kale needs some lovin’ today, so I think he will get a nice massage this afternoon ๐Ÿ˜‰
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Not So Naughty, Frosted Mini Shepherd’s PiesMy Profile

8. You can never go wrong with pizza. It is my dinner tomorrow:)
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted…Team Chocolate MilkMy Profile

9. Hi Coco !!!
    I hope you would fine, I have seen Mediterranean Goat but I didn’t eat Cheese And Kale Pizza still in my life ! I seen many people eat this very frankly but I didn’t eat this. hey Coco is this Cheese And Kale Pizza delicious ?
    Monika Sharma recently posted…Constructive Link Building Through Clients (Except Guest Post)My Profile

10. Aliah says:

I have never heard of massaging my kale but I am totally trying it next time. I am also so about this pizza you made! Off to Trader Joe’s!
    Aliah recently posted…5 Tips To Survive Your First Hot Yoga ClassMy Profile

11. Krystal says:

I LOVE anything with Kale! Thank you very much! I’m super excited to try this!! New Fan From SITS
    Krystal recently posted…Inspirational to IncredibleMy Profile

12. Traci says:

Yummmm… with goat cheese! I massage kale all the time, it’s my favorite way to eat it. I hadn’t thought of putting it on pizza though! Thanks for the idea all around.
    Traci recently posted…Be Curious!My Profile

13. G’day and yum! Can I order two to go? ๐Ÿ™‚
    I could go for a slice or two right now!
    Cheers! Joanne

14. Would you provide a warranty or warrantee of your
    specific professional services. You could actually provide your customers financial
    support within the types of brokerage administration, house, mortgages, financial administration guidance
    and marketing and advertising alternatives. Okay – despite the name that has visit be related to this specific frivolous legal action, they
    have got practically nothing concerning very hot gourmet coffee, burns or Mc – Donalds.
    Meir Ezra the genius tour recently posted…Meir Ezra the genius tourMy Profile