The Modern Day Packing List
I am writing this post to avoid my least-favorite part of traveling–packing. I hate deciding what to wear so far in advance, especially when I have business meetings that require professional attire. The easiest part of packing is deciding which electronic devices I need to take with me, but as I started making my list and rounding up chargers, I realized that it is not easy being a well-connected traveler!
The number of electronic items I am packing seems excessive, but I don’t think I can do without any of them. Here is my packing list for the well-connected traveler:
1. Kindle Fire HD. A must for in-flight reading and easy YouTube access for hotel room workouts.
2. Garmin Forerunner 10. One of my goals for this trip is to run in at least two of the three cities I will be visiting. I know I could run without my Garmin, but it will be fun to be able to look at my running routes later.
3. Jawbone UP. This is probably the one device I don’t need to take with me, but it’s also the smallest, so there’s really no reason to leave it at home. Plus, it will give me extra motivation to do what I can when I can (#wycwyc) on the days I don’t manage to get out for a run or use the hotel gym.
4. Laptop. Since this is a business trip, my laptop is a must, for checking work email, handling urgent projects, and polishing my presentations. I can’t help it if it’s also useful for blogging and social media. 😉
5. iPhone. This goes without saying, doesn’t it?
Since I am going to Europe, I also need outlet converters. I hope to get by with two converters, since my Kindle, Garmin and Jawbone UP won’t need much recharging.
Do you mind packing for a long trip?
Are you a well-connected traveler?