What I Ate Wednesday (The Mango Corer Edition)

I think mangoes were on sale everywhere last week. I asked a friend to get me a few when she said they were on sale for $1 each at her grocery store, and then I picked up a few more when I saw them on sale at my grocery store. Needless to say, this week’s What I Ate Wednesday post is all about mangoes!

Luckily, I have this handy mango corer that makes it so easy to enjoy this delectable fruit.

20130412-205724.jpg

Mango Corer - Step 1

20130412-205758.jpg

I often enjoy mango straight up–just slice and eat.

It also looks really lovely (and tastes delicious) in this fruit salad
with strawberries and blueberries.

20130412-205815.jpg

Of course, it goes quite well with baked oatmeal and plain Chobani® yogurt.

20130413-085317.jpg

If you want to be more creative with mangoes, check out these great ideas:

Katelyn at Chef Katelyn: Mango Lassi
Simply blend 1 cup diced mango, 2 cups vanilla yogurt, and crushed ice (serves 2)

Pamela at Thrive Personal Fitness: Iron Woman Smoothie

Laura at Sprint 2 The Table: Mango Coconut TVP Oatmeal

Janine at The Purple Giraffe: Mango Guacamole

Debbie at Live From LaQuinta: Asparagus, Avocado, Quinoa Salad with Mango Lime Vinagrette

Alexandra and Kymberly at Fun and Fit: Recipes From Thailand: Sticky Rice With Mango and Coconut Milk

Smitha at Faux Runner: Indian-Style Mangoes: Mango Rice, Mango Chutney, Mango Pudding, Mango Lassi

Monica at Run Eat Repeat: How to Cut A Mango

Do you have many single-purpose kitchen gadgets?

This entry was posted in Fitness and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to What I Ate Wednesday (The Mango Corer Edition)

1. Jenny @ The Wellness Journey says:

LOVE mangoes! Your baked oatmeal looks delish!

2. Love all these recipes! I'm going to try the Mango Coconut TVP Oatmeal.

3. Miz says:

OMGOSH I NEEEEED A MANGO CORER and I shall play that youtube video while I use it:)

4. Debbie says:

I didn't know such a thing as a mango corer exists! I want one! I cam't wait to check out these recipes. Thanks for using mine.

5. Laura says:

I didn't know those mangoe corers actually work!!! I want one… the way I end up hacking mine away from the seed is embarassing. Thanks for including my TVP oats! 🙂

6. You are very sweet to include our post, although you tangled my name up with Debbie's. No worries. I'm off to put a manila mango into my morning smoothie. Thanks for all the recipe ideas.

7. Sarah says:

I LOVE mango! But the last ones we picked up were WAY overripe and bruised. Bad juju. Will try again soon though!

Sarah http://www.thinfluenced.com

8. yumyucky says:

One time I slaved in the kitchen to make the fancy mango-sauced dish from scratch. And nobody ate it. Nobody. But they took it even a step further and bashed my mangoed-cooking that they didn't even eat. The mere mention of the word "mango" brings back the emotional scars. Yes, go ahead. Please feel sorry for me. ((sigh))

9. Sonja @ The {Happy} Travel Bug says:

I have a strawberry slicer that I use all the time. I love your blog intro picture with the cherry blossoms (is that right?) and the runner with the cross on her necklace. Very cool. How did you do that?

10. christineyu69776410 says:

LOVE mango. Hmmm, but I might need to get a mango corer! Would make my life easier. Aside from eating it straight up, my favorite is mango salsa. Can't wait to try the others!