We are all familiar with the “5-A-Day” and “Strive for Five” campaigns. We are supposed to eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. I usually am pretty good about that, but my vegetable consumption hit a low over the holidays. Now that I am getting back on track, here are five ways I enjoy eating more vegetables.
1. I add a handful of spinach to my chocolate protein smoothie.
2. I add extra vegetables to my Eggbeaters® omelets.
(Check out other vegelicious omelet ideas here)
3. I pack a salad for lunch at work.
4. I bring a baggie of raw veggies to crunch on at work.
5. I make dinner recipes with lots of vegetables
Do you eat 5 a day?