This time of year it’s all about pumpkin and pumpkin spice. This baked pumpkin oatmeal recipe includes both of those and another fall favorite–apples! The ingredients are nutritious and the flavors are delicious, so make sure you try it soon.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk (I use 1%)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs (large)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp mace
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 apple (diced
- Preheat over to 325F.
- Prepare 9 X 11 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl, and blend well with a rubber spatula.
- Combine dry ingredients except apple in large bowl and mix to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until evenly blended.
- Add apple and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spoon into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until oatmeal is set and top is lightly browned
It smelled so good, I enjoyed it as a snack straight out of the oven!
Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipe?
Have you carved a pumpkin yet?