ViSalus asked me to contribute to their 90 for 90 recipe collection using their Vi-Shape® nutritional shake mix, which they call The Shake Mix That Tastes Like A Cake Mix.™ (FTC Notice: ViSalus provided product for me to use and compensated me for my recipes.) While I have a protein shake before my morning workout once in a while, I generally don’t like to drink my calories, so I used the product that they sent me in some baking recipes.
I modified the recipe for My Husband’s Favorite Banana Bread to use ViSalus Vi-Shape® nutritional shake mix and decided to make muffins instead of mini loaves. It turned out really well, and my husband gobbled these up just as quickly as he devours the banana bread. 🙂
(My Vi-Shape® Banana Bread Muffin recipe is in the Recipage section below. You also will want to check out my recipe for yummy Blueberry Protein Pancakes, and stay tuned for my Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Do you like to put chocolate chips or nuts in your banana bread?
Banana Bread Muffins
By July 3, 2013Published:
- Yield: 12 muffins (12 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
ViSalus asked me to contribute to their 90 for 90 recipe collection using their Vi-Shape® nutritional shake mix, …
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup egg subsitute (or one egg)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (one single serving cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops ViSalus Vi-Shape (protein shake mix)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare muffin pans for 12 muffins (spray with cooking spray or line with baking cups)
- Mash bananas, stir in applesauce and vanilla, add sugar, and stir until well-blended.
- Add remaining (dry) ingredients except chocolate chips and stir until well-blended, then mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans, nearly filling muffin cups.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pans for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.