I’ve been trying a lot of new products, so I’m taking advantage of today’s Friday Five topic to share some of them with you. Each of these companies provided product for me to review, but none had any input or influence over the opinions I’m sharing here.
1. Sunshine Nut Company. I’m most excited about Sunshine Nut Company because it’s local, it has a mission, and their cashews are delicious. The founder was inspired to create a company based on a business model that can transform poor farming communities in Mozambiquie in a way that provides fairness, opportunity, and empowerment from within. They do this by paying fair wages, focusing on local manufacturing, and using 30% of net proceeds to support agricultural development, and another 30% to support centers that care for orphans and vulnerable children.
Their cashews come in four flavors, and you can order them from their website or look for them at select Whole Foods stores and Giant Food stores in the D.C. metropolitan area.
I love the rosemary in the “roasted with a handful of herbs” flavor.
2. Illumiseen. The Illumiseen belt is an easy way to make yourself more visible no matter what time of day you run. It’s a simple belt that fits around your waist and has an LED band across the back. It comes in several different colors and recharges via USB so you never have to worry about batteries.
It’s almost no longer dark for my dark’o’clock runs, but running at daybreak and dusk is still dangerous. Just last week a runner was hit crossing a road in the crosswalk at 6:30 pm, when it is still light out. 🙁
3. Yuni. When a new beauty products company reached out to me, I wondered if they knew who they were speaking with. I have a minimalist make-up routine and haven’t yet figured out why I need essential oils! But, my tired, cracked runner’s feet told me that I should agree to give their products a try.
So far my favorite item is their multipurpose cream, which is made with Kukui Seed oil and Shea butter and a blend of Bergamot and Patchouli essential oils that really is soothing. You can learn more about them on their Facebook page.
4. Neutrogena. While I’m talking about beauty products, I might as well tell you about Neutrogena Naturals makeup remover towelettes that I received from Influenster.
Neutrogena is promoting these in a #WipeForWater campaign as a way to conserve water. They say that you can use up to 5 gallons of water every day washing your face. That sounds crazy to me, but I do waste water waiting for the water to warm up when I am washing my face in the morning. These wipes are fine, but I really don’t feel clean without rinsing my face.
Neutrogena shouldn’t be too disappointed,
since this I what I use to wash my face with water!
5. Blue Diamond. I am still hooked on Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, and still use it to make my overnight oats every day (or night?). Now they are coming out with new flavors of roasted almonds, and I couldn’t wait to try the Honey Roasted Cinnamon flavor that Blue Diamond sent me to review through their Tastemaker program.
I know I should measure out a single serving,
but I nibble on these straight from the can!
What are you loving lately?
California friends, are the water restrictions so bad that you worry about washing your face?