This week’s Friday Five link up theme could not have been more perfect for me. This month I will be celebrating four years of blogging, and I have some new things in store that I am pretty excited about.
1. New Blog Header. I love the blog header that Rita at Blog Genie made for me, but after three years I am ready for a change. So many of the blogs I love have more personal headers, and I’ve been wanting a fresher look. I’m not quite ready to part with my cherry blossom runner girl since she really does mean so much to me, so I’ve incorporated her in my new design.
I may keep playing with it, so let me know what you think!
2. New Blog Series. After four years of blogging and reading blogs, I’ve collected some tips and tricks that I think are worth sharing. I’m going to tell all my blogging secrets in a Blog Tip Tuesday series throughout August. Stay tuned!
3. New haircut. Talk about perfect timing! I got my haircut yesterday. My daughter thinks I need to cover up that gray streak, but I like to keep it to remind her and her brother of all they’ve put me through.
4. New running skort. I won’t buy running shorts unless they are compression shorts or have a gripper to keep them from riding up. I lucked out when I found this Athleta Contender Skort on sale. The shorts have silicone leg grips which really do keep them in place. I wore them on a sweaty 5 mile run and never had to make any adjustments.
5. New excitement about running. I am surprised at how excited I am about being on a Ragnar team and training for the challenge of running three times over 36-ish hours. Between that an the fantastic weather we’ve been having, I have a new-found excitement about running that I hope will carry me through the dog days of August! I’ve added a new menu category for Ragnar-related posts to make it easier to keep up to date on this adventure.