Challenge Is Rewarding

I’m joining Deb’s Wednesday Word link up and reflecting on rewarding.

Deb Runs

“Rewarding” is a word we all know, but I still looked up the definition. I browsed several on-line dictionaries but liked the Google definition best.

rewarding

When I think of “rewarding” I think of something positive that comes after an effort.

• Getting up for an early run and seeing a spectacular sunrise.

Jefferson Memorial Sunrise

• Hiking up a steep trail and enjoying the view.

Mount Sanitas Trail Head

Mount Sanitas Trail Head (Boulder, CO)

PT Exercises

• Stepping out of my comfort zone and conquering my fears.

Park City Newport

♦ Newport Trail (Park City, UT)

• Training for a race and doing well.

CUCB 2015 Finish

Cherry Blossom (almost) Ten Miler

Mostly, I think doing something challenging is rewarding.

What do you find rewarding?

This entry was posted in Fitness and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Challenge Is Rewarding

you nailed it for me as well with the TIME OUT OF THE ZONE OF COMFY.
    theres so much these days I think I CAAAAINT
    and then I DO
    and I really am shocked and stunned and rewarded.

Carla recently posted…An introvert outside her comfort zone.My Profile

Ahhh! Beautiful rewards! I’ve spent this entire year so far way outside the comfy zone learning to swim. I suppose learning is a reward in and of itself…
    Marcia recently posted…Why Do You Run?My Profile

3. Challenge can be really rewarding! You’ve had some great races lately 🙂
    Deborah Brooks @ Confessions of a Mother Runner recently posted…Are you Fearless? 261 With Skirt SportsMy Profile

Oh, wow. Those moguls look terrifying. My thighs would be on fire! And, that would be rewarding!!
    HoHo Runs recently posted…It’s RewardingMy Profile

5. I love your pictures accompanying all of those great rewarding moments. Those moguls – oh my!

Thanks for linking up!
    Debbie @ Deb Runs recently posted…Rewarding MomentsMy Profile

6. It is amazing what can happen when we step out of our comfort zone just a little bit!
    Mary Beth Jackson recently posted…Running Favorites- Questions AnsweredMy Profile

7. Great post! You really captured what’s rewarding about taking on a challenge and completing it. Oh those moguls!
    Wendy@Taking the Long Way Home recently posted…RewardingMy Profile

8. Definitely. Love this- I think this is why so many of us get addicted to running and racing!
    Laura @ Mommy Run Fast recently posted…The Boston experienceMy Profile

9. Kim says:

I’m learning a lot lately just how rewarding it can be to step outside of our comfort zones!!!
    Kim recently posted…Going for It!My Profile

10. Carrie Skoll says:

Yes! This… 1000 times. Conquering a challenge is rewarding.
    Carrie Skoll recently posted…Emotional Ups and DownsMy Profile

11. steena says:

I agree with all of that. It’s frustrating when you don’t get the reward of performing well!

12. I completely agree that doing something challenging is the most rewarding. Do you spend a lot of time on the trails hiking/running? Your photo is gorgeous. I live in Flagstaff and spend a lot of time on trails. 🙂
    Stephanie@nowiun.com recently posted…~~ Rewarding ~~My Profile

13. jill conyers says:

We’re on the exact same page for what is rewarding. Have an awesome weekend friend XOXO
    jill conyers recently posted…18-Minute HIIT Workout 2My Profile